My inquiry question: Should we clone humans?
In this round of research, I will be listing advantages of cloning!
There are many advantages of cloning, especially for animals as cloning can help recreate extinct animals or help create more animals if they are heading towards extinction. However, I will focus on the advantages of cloning humans!
- Cloning humans can help scientists discover new ways to recover from trauma: For instance, having a strain or sprain to a ligament can take weeks to heal with rest. However, cloning humans can result in a speedier recovery as duplication of the exact cells in the clone can be used for the sprain or strain to heal more quickly .
- Can help find treatment methods of infertility 
- Having embryo replacements: By having developed embryos, cloning several of those embryos just in case if there is some sort of accident to on
- e of the non-cloned ones, the cloned embryo can replace it .
- Reproduce and replicate amputated limbs and replace organs: Using cloning, scientists will be able to reproduce and replicate amputated limbs. As well as replace destroyed organs such as a liver or heart, for instance .
- Clone hum
an cells and/or human tissues: By cloning, they could be used in several ways to produce organs, cells, or tissues for treatments of human disease .
- Can prevent genetic diseases 
- Can save newborns from hereditary diseases 
- Help control the population of female or male sex: For instance, if there are any shortages due to incidents such as an earthquake, scientists are able to clone more female and/or male sex .
- Cloning can help multiply genes and allow scientists to explore potential benefits of modifying genes 
- Cloning lost ones: For instance, to reduce pain and sorrow, you can clone someone that you may have lost such as a family member or friend 
- Research into stem cell differentiation to provide a better understanding of oncogenesis as well as aging 
- Can aid in curing life-threatening diseases: For instance, an individual who is cloned will be producing matching tissues from who they were cloned, so matching tissues can be used to treat diseases.
- Help with transplants: Can help treat their own disease or their child’s and so someone can collect genetically identical tissue from a clone fetus or even a newborn .
Lastly, if you are interested to learn more into detail of how cloning works as well as some stories of cloning animals, you can check out this youtube video!
Title: The use of cloning and stem cells to resurrect life: Robert Lanza at TEDxDeExtinction
In my third round of research, I will look into the cons (ethical issues) of cloning humans. I am also planning to include how Dolly, the sheep grew up and such!
Thank you for reading!
first image: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/23/parenting/pregnancy/pfas-toxins-chemicals.html
second image: https://fr.weforum.org/projects/partnering-for-racial-justice-in-business