Hi everyone, my next cycle is about mining something that found it being interesting to know how the two countries succeeds in mining
Mining is an extraction of valuable minerals or other geological materials from the earth which form a mineralized package that is economic interest to the miners. Which also include extraction of non-renewable resources mining of stones and metals have been a human activity since prehistoric times (4)
Minerals that the two country mine
- Precious metals
- Gold,silver platinum
- Base metal
- Gold found in western most part of the country
- Soda ash
The mineral are obtained by blasting and quarrying rocks which are found near ground surface.
Method of mining (1)
- Underground mining = which are more expensive and are often used to reach deeper deposits.
- Surface mining = used typically used for more shallow and less valuable deposits.
- Placer mining = used to sift out valuable metals from sediment in river channels sand or other environment
- In-situ mining = primary used mining uranium involves dissolving the mineral resources in place then processing at the surface without moving rocks from the ground.
Kenya has proven deposits of titanium gold and coal but country’s mining sector is a relatively small contribution to national output although its revenue are expected to grow a new mines come
on my next research i will be looking at environmental impact of mining.