SIGNS OF F.G.M PERFORMED
Girls and women who have had F.G.M may have problems that continue through adulthood including:
- Difficulties urinating or incontinence.
- Frequent or chronic vagina,pelvis or urinary infection.
- Menstrual problems.
- Kidney damage and possible failure.
- Cysts and abscesses
- Pain when having sex
WAYS TO STOP F.G.M
- Challenge the discriminatory reasons F.G.M is practiced.
- Change traditions-with the support of older generations.
- Educate girls on their right to decide what happens to their body.
- Speak out the risks and relates of F.G.M.
- Spread understanding that religion does not demand F.G.M.
- Tackle the secrecy that allows cutting to continue.
- Keep pushing for F.G.M to be banned.
Plan internal works with parents,community leaders,government authorities and children and young people to raise awareness,transform behaviors and put an end to harmful traditional practices such as F.G.M.
Where does F.g.m happens?
F.G.M occurs in countries which you can’t imagine.
Although primarily concentrated in 30 countries in Africa and Middle East,F.G.M cutting is a universal problems is also practiced in some countries in Asia and Latin America.
The practice continues to persist amongst immigrants population living in Western Europe,North America,Australia and New Zealand.
Why does F.G.M happens?
Gender inequality and discriminatory social cultural and religious norm are factors in why this harmful practices takes place.
To stop F.G.M all of us have a chance to take action to end F.G.M.
We should never keep quiet when we see this happening.
Some communities say that F.G.M is not bad to our girls because:
- F.G.M keeps ready the girl to get marriage-you can find that in some communities small girls[14 years old]are forced to get marriage.
- F.G.M make girl to be clean.
- F.G.M is the starting point of the new life.
- F.G.M represents the maturity of a girl.
Education is the amongst the most important to stop F.G.M.
- The focus on ActionAid’s programme is to work with communities to stop the practices,while putting pressure on government to introduce laws banning F.G.M,or effectively.Progress across the continent towards recognising women’s right.You can also raise awareness about F.G.M by sharing stories.working with the United Nations Population Fund[UNFPA],[UNICEF]fights this extreme form of discrimination against girls and women on every level.In countries where UNICEF and UNFPA work jointly to end F.G.M,girls are one third less likely to undergoes this harmful practices today than were in 1997.
BENEFITS OF F.G.M
On benefits of F.G.M i would say NO but it might be argued that some “benefits” by:
- Increasing their power over others.
- Upholding traditions
- Being able to indulge their cruelty
By The way,i can’t think about any benefit to F.G.M.Let’s fight for F.G.M till it end.
Thank you for reading!