Hello everyone,today I will be discussing how we can protect ourselves against the harmful rays of the sun,
Top Ten Ways to Protect Yourself from the Sun
- Use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15. Make sure it is water-resistant and reapply every two hours, especially after swimming or sweating.
- Never use artificial tanning equipment
- Be generous in application of sunscreen. An ounce of sunscreen should cover the face, neck, arms and legs of the average adult.
- Wear protective clothing, like hats, sunglasses, long-sleeved shirts and pants
- Stay in the shade as much as possible, even at the beach, by using a parasol
- Avoid tanning beds as ultraviolet light can cause skin cancer and wrinkling.
- Protect children by applying sunscreen often with an SPF of at least 15, having them play in the shade and wear protective clothing.
- Babies below the age of 6 months should never be in direct sunlight and should always wear a hat and clothing that protects them from UV rays.
- Adults should do regular self-exams. It is an easy and a better way to detect abnormalities
- Go to your dermatologist and have a complete body scan once a year Refference;http://www.healthywomen.org/co...protect-yourself-sun in the next time round research i will be looking at the positive and negative effects of solar radiation.