Hello guys,In this time round research,I will be looking at the preventive measures of the blue light.
PREVENTIVE MEASURES OF THE BLUE LIGHT
- Limit screen time when you are not working. It is impossible to avoid digital devices in the workplace, but you can minimize the amount of time you spend on electronics when you are not working. Digital devices frequently provide a passive “escape” from reality that seems enjoyable, but it can be a poor use of your time and can just increase eye fatigue and muscle strain.
- If you can use devices at night, download a blue light filter app. There are several free apps in your App Store that will put a filter on the screen of your smartphone or tablet to minimize glare at night. This will help reduce eye exhaust.
- Don't not to use your devices directly before bedtime. Overexposure to blue light can result to restlessness and insomnia. Set a restrict of turning off your devices at least one hour before bedtime and charge your devices in a different room so you are not tempted to turn them back on.
- Blink, blink, blink. One reason that we are more capable to dry eye when using electronics is that our blink rate is reduced significantly.
- Get regular comprehensive eye exams. There is no replacement for an eye exam by a licensed specialist. Schedule constant eye exams to ensure your vision stays clear and healthy. You can also talk to your ophthalmologist about authorized protective lenses with blue light filters to reduce eye strain
6. Wear proper eyewear
Work with your doctor to determine whether you need special eyewear to reduce eyestrain. You may even need specialized lenses, devices, or eye therapy for the activity that result to eye strain. Certain coatings and cast for lenses may help your eyes Or you may find that you need to cut the time you wear contact lenses to help rest your eyes.