Inquiry Question: Is there a relationship between depression and facial appearance?
Hello, everyone. This is my first inquiry round in this semester. Recently, I realized mental health raises higher concern among the public, such as the news and magazines. I got a few friends who ever got depression but are cured now. They used to tell me about their experience so that I decide to write an inquiry about depression. And I hope, through reading my inquiry, the people with depression could be understood by others. Because depression is a kind of mental disease, people usually think it will only lead to an emotional change; however, it may influence facial appearance as well. Superficially, depression can cause inner chaos such as hormone unbalance, which may lead to an outer change further. Besides, the reason I want to do the question is that my original intention of trying to help more depressed people. As what we know, depression is hard to detect, if there’re possible means to help the people in need, we can prevent the situation going worse.
Three Rounds Focus:
- Why people get depression?
- What will the depression cause?
- How to relieve depression?
- Cautin, R. L., & Lilienfeld, S. O. (2015). The encyclopedia of clinical psychology. Chichester, West Sussex: John Wiley and Sons.
- Sharpe, M. (2010). Chronic fatigue syndrome (postviral fatigue syndrome, neurasthenia, and myalgic encephalomyelitis). Oxford Medicine Online. doi:10.1093/med/9780199204854.003.260504
- Depression, Major Depressive Disorder. (n.d.). Encyclopedia of Pain,543-543. doi:10.1007/978-3-540-29805-2_1043
- (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/...l-depression/causes/
- Symptoms of Depression. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://depressionhurts.ca/en/about/symptoms.aspx
- Signs and Symptoms of Depression - Causes and Effects. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.psychguides.com/gu...-causes-and-effects/
- Depression Treatment. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.helpguide.org/arti...ession-treatment.htm
- Antidepressant Effects of NR2B in Major Depression. (2009). PsycEXTRA Dataset. doi:10.1037/e654862010-001