How does the criminal justice system affect children with parents who are incarcerated?
Throughout the research of my project I will be researching three main topics: What is the criminal justice system and how does it affect criminals? How having an absent parent and a constant criminal influence can affect a child physically and emotionally? And what affect can incarceration have on the relationship between a criminal and their child? I will be breaking down each question into smaller and more precise questions collecting a lot of information that can be rounded into the answer of my inquiry question. While going through all the research I will look through information making sure it is valid and from an accurate source.
Round 1: What is the criminal justice system and how does it affect criminals?
- What is the mindset of a criminal?
- What are different types of criminal justice?
- What is the life style in detention centers and prisons?
- How can being in jail affect a persons mind?
- Why do people become criminals?
Round 2: How having an absent parent and a constant criminal influence can affect a child physically and emotionally?
- How can absent parents affect their child negatively?
- What are the emotional affects of an absent parent on a child?
- Do criminals often become abusive parents?
- How can frequently absent parent differentiate from a completely absent parent?
- Can being surrounded by constant criminal activity draw children to crime?
Round 3: What affect can incarceration have on the relationship between a criminal and their child?
- How do children visit incarcerated parents?
- Are children with parents in jail more likely to develop mental health problems?
- Do judges take into consideration children when sentencing a criminal?
- Should children visit incarcerated parents?