Here is my project plan for my new cycle of research. I'll be taking a completely different route than I did last cycle; my research will now be focused on social norms. My new inquiry question is:
Why do we develop social norms and what is their influence on society?
I'm really excited to pursue this topic because I think that there's a lot of different aspects to them and different examples, some of which have been controversial in our society.
For my first round of research, I will be focusing on:
- what are social norms
- defining the two types of norms
- their history/origins in civilisations
-examples of social norms
For round two, my main focuses will be:
- how are they impacted by culture
- what causes them to become prevalent in society
- why do we adhere to them
Finally, I will look at:
- the pros and cons of their influence
- when do they cause problems in society
- why are they necessary
Here are some potential sources that I can use for my research:
I will be posting my first round of research two weeks from now! If anyone has feedback or comments on where I should take my research, please comment below!