I wish to write this story with as much accuracy as possible so that people become more aware of the challenges young girls face while competing in sports and other activities with certain weights and standards.
- One of the most shocking facts about sexual assault is that approximately only 5% of sexual assault reports filed have been proven false. (1)
- 82% of all juvenile sexual assault victims are female. (1)
- 90% of adult rape victims are female. (1)
- 41% of sexual assaults against Native Indians are committed by a stranger. (1)
- Adolescents aged 14‐17 were by far the most likely to be sexually victimized; nearly one in six (16.3%) was sexually victimized in the past year. (2)
Point of Attack:
- Exactly 79.6% of female victims who have experienced one or more completed rape did so before the age of 25. (2)
- Sexual abuse is not limited to females, and the abuse of boys has little to do with either the abuser’s or the victim’s sexual orientation. (2)
- Almost 95% of child victims knew their sexual attacker. (2)
- 1 in 5 women (20%) will be sexually assaulted while at college while only 4% of college men will be sexually assaulted (1).
- Over a third of women who are raped as minors are also raped as adults.
- 42% of raped women expect to be raped again
- Only 1 in 3 people in Canada understands what it means to give consent to sexual activity
- Sexual assault refers to unwanted sexual activity (e.g. touching, kissing someone without consent, rape). Sexual harassment can include comments, behavior, and unwanted sexual contact. It can take the form of jokes, threats, and discriminatory remarks about someone’s gender or sexuality.
- 60% of sexual abuse/assault victims are under the age of 17
Thank you for reading!!!